Wednesday, March 7, 2012

in The Way

“Peter, get out of my way! Satan, get lost! You have no idea how God works.”
 – Jesus, Mark 8:31-38 MSG

Sometimes, I feel like I get in the way of the Lord.  Like the way Peter got in the way of Him.  He has this magnificent plan for me, and yet I would rather step in and tell Him how I see it.  It’s a shame.  I am constantly reminded how short-sighted I am.  I am certain Peter felt this way when he was with Jesus.  Peter always says what is on his mind.  Jesus rebuking him for his thoughtless views.

Its funny.  As dumb as I think Peter is sometimes, I am often Peter.  I say things with without much insight into what I am actually professing.  I do things that are often detrimental to the Living Word inside of me.  And God! He has nothing but compassion and love for me.  Certainly, chastisement is due.  But the Lord Jesus saw it coming.  He stepped in front of me to take on the wrath of a hurt Father.  

Thankfully, He didn’t mind to get in my way.

Amen.