Thursday, March 8, 2012

_underscore_

This morning I had this crazy, revolutionary, epiphany when my alarm went off …“What if I actually got up and engaged the day when I am stirred?  What if I encountered people if the opportunity presented itself?  What if I actually listened to my wife, the first time around?”  And perhaps the craziest thought, “What if I actually listened to the Lord when He spoke?”

With these thoughts running wild through my head, I simply pressed snooze and went back to sleep for another 40 minutes.

Now, I can’t help but think about how different my life would be just by getting out of bed when I hear the call.  Even more, I get a little emotional and somewhat anxious when I think about how differently things would be if I just listened to what Jesus had to say to me.

Right now, I’m thinking about how much different Jesus was from me just from His little time on earth.  The mornings He spent praying, the days He spent engaging folks, the nights He spent around a table with His closest friends, and the life He lived of purely listening.

This is clearly “it.”

Lord,

Let the noises of this world be an underscore to the words you want me to hear.

Amen.