Monday, March 5, 2012

Friday


First, let me say that I love my Lord Jesus, and I trust in Him for my security and peace.

“A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
 24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, ‘Master, Master, we’re going to drown!’
   He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.”
--- Luke 8:23-24

Friday was a time of uncertainty to say the least.  Outside, the weather was making everyone feel uncomfortable and nervous.  Rightfully so!  The sky was dark, a murderous feel.  The wind was howling like a wolf declaring war on its prey.  Rain was coming down in every direction, unsure of where the next drop would land.

Inside, the mood was just as wild.  Kids talking loudly, mocking the weather.  Some nervous, others unaffected.  All their faces pointed towards the wall, or locker, as though they’d be saved if the winds followed up on their threat.  Commotion.  Rightfully so!  And then she showed up.  Security in the flesh.  She told them to be quiet, and they were.  The noises, the mocking, the nervousness I felt, all subsided because of her presence.

She walked the hallways lined with students, speaking to each, comforting all, rebuking some.  With each word, she spoke with love.  This is what it’s about.  To be seen and to be heard.  To comfort the afflicted and to scold the scoffers.  And yet to love all.

Lastly, let me say that I love my principal Stephanie Taylor, her presence brings security and peace.