Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sheepish

You know what saying bugs me that Christians have recently picked up? "Ya gotta let go...and let God."

What the hell...could you be more nelly?

Don't give me that. You try letting go, and letting God.

It's a shame that we have come up with that incredibly corny saying. Shouldn't it be easier to let go and allow the Lord to do what we are incapable of doing? You would think by now, that as followers of Christ, that we would be instinctively following without hesitation, allowing the Lord to lead us through the uncomfortable places in our lives.

Instead we are resistant. Trust becomes an issue. We get scared and run for the hills. And yet, here He comes running after us, a Shepard after His sheep.

That damned sheep. The one that historically runs off from Him. Still, it doesn't matter. It's His. And He'll pick the sheep up, and carry it back to the other damn sheep, til it finally realizes just how safe it is with His Shepard. Even in unfamiliar environments.

This is what I am. A damned sheep. One that is doomed to run off from his Shepard. A sheep that will inevitably be carried back to the place where I don't want to be. A sheep that refuses to let Him lead me through uncomfortable places.

Lord,

Here is where I find comfort, draped over your shoulders. Your hands hold my feet and legs, so that I can't fight you anymore. I'm sorry that I was. I'll walk with you. I'll let you lead for now...and, in case I don't, you know where to find me.

Love.

Amen.