Saturday, March 10, 2012

Some Change

Peter Needs Change From Jesus

Peter: Hey Jesus...

Jesus: Yes, Simon, brother of Andrew?

Peter: You changed my name to Peter, remember? Do you have change for a $20?

Jesus: Of course I remember, Peter. The Son of Man is not one of a forgetful spirit, but of an omniscient one.

Peter: What? Do you have change for a $20 or what?

Jesus: My son, I tell you the Truth, unless you walk by me, you will not see change in what you seek.

Peter: Seriously, Jesus. I need to buy this donkey. It's the only way You can get into Jerusalem.

Jesus: Simon, brother of--

Peter: Peter!

Jesus: I'm Jesus...

Peter: My Lord!

Jesus: Yes?

Peter: Can I just get a straight answer out of you?! For once!

Jesus: My son, for your sake, the path that I walk has been made straight for for you, you who seek the change you desire.

Peter: I just need to break a $20.

Jesus: The seed does not grow unless it has been broken, and so the Son of Man will be.

Peter: What does that even mean?! You can't always talk to me in parables! Just say yes or say no!

Jesus: Ok. There once was a man looking to buy his way into town when he--

Peter: This better answer the question.

Jesus: As I was saying, Simon--

Peter: Peter!

Jesus: I'm Jesus...

Peter: Grrrr

(John walks up)

John: What up G! Hello, Peter...

Jesus: Johnny Boy!

John: Say, Jesus...

Jesus: Yes my son?

John: You got change for a $20?

(Peter condescendingly looks at John as to answer for Jesus)

Jesus: You know I got change! Two 5s and a 10 alright?

Peter: What the Pharisee?!

John: That works!

Peter: You have got to be kidding me.

(Jesus and John exchange money and high-fives as Peter looks on in disgust)

Jesus: You see, Peter, you may not receive your answer in the way you anticipate it...but you will get your answer. I did have change for a $20.

Peter: I--I just don't understand what is expected of me anymore...I need a drink. Can I see that cup?

Jesus: You can not drink from the same cup as me.

Peter: You're doing it again! I don't know if you're literally talking about this cup right here, in your hand! Or if you're talking about a figurative cup of life or death or whatever the Sheol you're talking about!

Jesus: Peter...

Peter: What!

Jesus: You've seen me do miracle after miracle...

Peter: Yeah?! What's your point?!

Jesus: You've seen me turn the blind into men of sight, you've seen me turn the lame into upright men...

Peter: Carry on!

Jesus: Water into wine...

Peter: Ok! Get on with it!

Jesus: Surely...I can turn a $20 into change. O' ye of little faith.

Peter: Sorry, Jesus, I was in denial.

Jesus: This won't be the last time.

Peter: What??

That's as far as this story goes.

However, you could pick back up at John 13:36